Farmer D Consulting
(Requires Adobe Reader or similar PDF reader)
Please click on the image below to download the Farmer D Consulting brochure
Farmer D Consulting provides professional planning and design services as well as
implementation and management of farms and gardens for the following types of projects.
Residential and resort communities
Community centers and faith based organizations
Historic farms and gardens
Schools, camps and other educational programs
Children's hospitals, senior centers and and other health-based institutions
Restaurants, culinary centers and spas
For more information, see Farmer D Consulting's Behance Portfolio.
Notable projects include
Natirar Virgin Spa at Ninety Acres
Scottish Rite Children's Hospital
Leichtag Foundation Ecke Ranch
Rancho Mission Viejo
City of Suwanee Community Garden
Hampton Island Preserve
Rancho Mission Viejo
Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta
Farmer D Organics brings its successful strategies to your home, community
or farm by providing step-by-step guidance for planning, designing, building and managing organic/biodynamic
farms and gardens.
Farmer D Organics offers a consultative training program to teach you how to manage
your own farm operation or we can provide a full-service organic farm
management team to do it for you.
In addition, Farmer D helps clients develop organic
land management strategies for improving yields and reducing chemicals
on farms, commercial landscapes, golf courses, athletic fields, parks
Here is how Farmer D Consulting works:
- A phone or in person conversation to gain a deeper understanding
of the project's basic goals, resources and needs.
- The client receives a proposal from Farmer D Consulting that outlines the scope of work, deliverables and fee
for services best suited to the project for a particular phase.
- A visioning session provides the client with an in-depth assessment, summary of opportunities and constraints
and recommended next steps.
- A design session to develop concept plans and programs for everything
from backyard gardens to master planned communities.
- Farmer D Consulting puts the plan into action with a qualified team.
Farmer D is also a seasoned speaker, published author and workshop presenter on topics
ranging from composting to community development through sustainable
For more information on Farmer D's consulting services please email
or call Farmer D Consulting at: email@example.com
Any information you can provide us about your project in an email would
be greatly appreciated. Please include the location, size of land, existing
uses, goals and ambitions.
- Honeywood Farms: Located in Barnesville, GA. Planning, design and farm consulting for a 1000 acre cattle ranch with a 20 acre organic farm.
Bluff in Bluffton, SC: Assisting in the design and build of
a large organic farm for providing food to the residents, guests
and restaurants at this magnificent 22,000 acre conservation community, which was voted by Travel and Leisure Magazine as the #1 spa and #2 resort for 2010 in the United States and Canada. 2007-2010.
- Leichtag Foundation: Located in North San Diego, CA. Developing a master concept plan for the 67-acre Ecke Ranch property to become a hub for urban agriculture, social entrepreneurship and food justice.
- Green Arrow Farms: Located in Ponce De Leon, FL. A master concept plan for a more than 1,000 acre private property with about 150 acre of farmland being converted from conventional to organic.
- W Hotel in Downtown Atlanta. Designed, built and manage a rooftop garden that grows herbs, vegetables and fruit for the W's Living Room Bar
- Johnson Development Company: Located in Houston Texas. Providing community farm visioning program and design for Imperial in Sugarland, TX and Cross Creek Ranch in Fulshear, TX.
- Rancho Mission Viejo: Located in Orange County California. Performing a sustainable agriculture visioning program in collaboration with Valley Crest Design, which includes community gardens, edible streetscapes, composting and a community farm for future developments by the Rancho Mission Vejo Company.
- Vine City Urban Farm: Located in Vine City, downtown Atlanta. Facilitated a community design charrette and created an initial concept plan and program for an urban farm food hub and education center.
- Scottish Rite Children's Healthcare of Atlanta: A Farmer D Organics, Strong4Life Teaching Garden: offers patients, their family's and the staff at Scottish Rite a place to be outside, to get their hands in the dirt, to heal, to relax, and to learn.
- Whole Foods Composting program: Composting Whole Foods Market’s
food waste in the Southeast region and returning a high-quality
Demeter certified Biodynamic compost in bags and bulk to consumers,
farmers and landscapers.
- Longleaf Preserve: Located in the Panhandle of Florida: Amenity Area Plan / Organic Farm and Garden
- Natirar Club
and Spa, Far Hills, NJ: Designing and building a 10-acre organic
farm to provide food for the culinary school, restaurant, hotel
Island Farm, Riceboro, GA: A vibrant organic farm at the heart
of a 4000-acre eco-luxury lifestyle community on the coast south
Boys Home: Developing a biodynamic farm at the oldest charitable
boys home in the United States of America on 625 acres near Savannah,
- Serenbe Farms,
Palmetto, GA: An organic CSA farm in the Serenbe Community, which
provides produce for its residents, restaurants and farmers market.
Falls Village, CT: An educational jewish farming fellowship program where Farmer D
served as the founding farmer under Executive Director Adam Berman.
- Savannah Country
Day School, Savannah, GA: Helped set up a large organic garden
for the lower school using 60 cubic yards of Farmer D Organics Compost.
- River Farm,
Louisville, KY: Converting a 400-acre tree farm to organic and diversifying
some acreage into a working biodynamic farm.
- Full Moon
Coop, Athens, GA: An education and research CSA farm affiliated
with the University of Georgia and restaurant Farm
McDonald House, Savannah, GA: Helped to create an organic garden
for the residents living there while their children are being cared
Twin Lakes, Rutledge, GA: Assisted with the creation of an organic
garden serving campers and their families.
- Avondale Community Farm, Savannah, GA: Assisting in the development
and management of a 3-acre urban farm that produces organic food
primarily for Cha Bella Restaurant in Savannah.
- Gan Chaim, Atlanta, GA: Founded and directed this non-profit
for creating educational organic gardens at Jewish summer camps,
community centers, retreat facilities and more.
- San Francisco League of Urban Gardeners: Taught incarcerated
youth horticulture and landscaping vocational training and organic
farming at Log Cabin Ranch in La Honda, CA. Also consulted with
Norcal on developing a biodynamic compost with their large scale
food waste composting program under the Urban Earth brand.
- Earthsong Community Farm, Readstown, WI: Founded and managed
this 175-acre biodynamic CSA and education farm.
- Union Agriculture Institute, Blairsville, GA: Worked as an apprentice
and farm manager for this biodynamic CSA farm under Biodynamic farming
guru, Hugh Lovell.
- Prairie Dock Farm, Watertown, WI: Studied under Greg David managing
this highly diversified organic CSA farm.